The Linksys router can be upgraded either via an automatic or manual firmware upgrade which requires access to the setup page via linksyssmartwifi.com.
Pre-requisites for Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router firmware:
- You must use a wired cable connection to connect the Linksys router to the computer to get stable Wi-Fi connectivity.
Not: Wi-Fi connections to the computer may cause permanent damage to the Linksys router.
- Use Linksys supporting web browser for accessing linksyssmartwifi.com to perform the firmware upgrade process.
- Download the latest and right firmware version for your router model.
- Ensure to perform backup configuration for your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router.
To manually upgrade the firmware of your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router, follow the steps explained here:
It is important to download and save the recently released firmware version file from the Linksys Support Site to your computer and saved at a secured and accessible place on desktop. The downloaded firmware format is .bin, or may end with .img and .bix, make sure to check the correct firmware version file before upgrading the router via linksyssmartwifi.com.
Performing the manually upgrade of the firmware of your Linksys smart Wi-Fi router:
- Open Linksys supporting web browser on your Linksys router’s wireless network connected computer or mobile device to access the admin setup page.
- Enter Linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar or try to login via default Linksys smart Wi-Fi router login IP address 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar and then press Enter.
- Enter your linksyssmartwifi.com default login credentials. The default Linksys router login password is admin and the username filed has to be left blank by default.
- You will enter the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router’s admin setup page.
- Click on Administration option and select Firmware Upgrade to allow the firmware upgrade to happen.
- Click on the Browse button to Locate and select the firmware version file that you previously downloaded.
- Click Open and then Click Start Upgrade to begin update.
Note: it is highly recommended to NOT to turn OFF the power supply or process resetting of the router during the Firmware upgrade process taking place. You must also select the correct firmware version file that you had downloaded for update.
- Click on Continue after the firmware upgrade has been successful on the Linksys router via linksyssmartwifi.com login.
- the Linksys smart Wi-Fi router will then turn OFF and turn back ON.
Following the steps above you have successfully manually upgraded the firmware of your Linksys Wi-Fi Router.